Thursday, April 2, 2009

Doctor's Appt

Have any of you bloggers out there heard that you can tell the sex of the baby by the heart rate?? At my last doctor's appointment on March 16th, my doctor was checking the baby's heart beat like usual. He said the heart rate was 162 and he guessed the baby would be a girl. What! I was completely blown away. He explained that generally boy heart rates are a lot lower. So I went home and looked at my tracking sheet (that I so diligently kept on my first baby) and Kyson's heart rate was always in the 140's. Coincidence??

P.S. We will find out the sex of the baby on April 20th. I will keep you all posted!

XOXO Melanie

9 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

Hey my doctor told me the same thing....and both boys had "lower" heart rates!

Could be a baby girl?! Either way that is so exciting for you guys. Keep us posted.

Love ya

Cory and Lindsey said...

I can't wait to hear what you are having!!! This is going to be a fun month:)

Mary Jane said...

Oh, We are so excited for you! Hope your feeling well! WE MISS YOU!

Gonzales Family said...

I have never heard that before but Abby always had a pretty high heart rate around 150 160 so he might be right! I have had two ultrasounds so far and the baby went from 135 to 171 so maybe I am having a girl too!!! xoxo Lindz

Phillips Fam said...

Yeah, my doctors have both told me that and made their guesses and have both been wrong. Maybe my kids are just messed up:) My doctor guesses boy for Hadley and got Justin so excited and of course it was a girl. But who knows?

Anonymous said...

What ever sex it comes out, I'm sure you two will be sooo happy. Babies are just fun.

The Knight Family said...

Yeah.. How exciting. I love having two kids. It's so fun because they get to have a little buddy. I like your fancy new van. I know it won't be too long before I join you:) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. So are you hoping for a girl?

KatieElizabeth said...

Micah's HR was always low, like 120. So, maybe a girls huh?? Yay.
Hope you are feeling good.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

How did I not even know you were prego!!! Congrats :)) I am so excited for you, and don't be fooled by those heartrates...One week Vivy's heartrate would supposedly read, "a girl" and the next, "a boy" To which I would say to my doctor, last month this baby was a girl & he replied, "Well it's one of the two!" Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!!