Monday, April 13, 2009

You will never see this again....(most likely)

We got a call a couple of weeks ago from my brother-in-law Olin telling us he and two other rodeo buddies might need a ride from the Las Vegas airport to Laughlin. We had a few "Yes we need a ride" and then "No we found a ride" but on Saturday night it was a "Yes we need rides". It was a good thing we just got that van or the boys would have been riding in the bed of the truck for an hour and a half!! Anyway, we were really excited we got to go because we were able to see both Olin and his brother compete in two events each. The most exciting part is Kyson had his very FiRSt hOrSE rIDe!!
This picture was taken when we first picked up Olin and of course we had to send the picture to Natalie so she would be jealous that her two favorite boys (Olin & Kyson) were with me and not with her (am I mean or is that normal to tease your sister like that?). Shad was worried we wouldn't find them at the airport because Olin's cell phone had died. By the look of this picture do you think it was hard to point out three cowboys in the Las Vegas airport??

Now here comes the pics that you will probably never see again...so enjoy! Right when we pulled into the rodeo grounds, Olin and the other guys had to get ready to ride so they left pretty quick. However, Olin's dad Jack (who, to be honest I'm a little scared of because he kind of has the tuff cowboy appearance but is super sweet when the other cowboys aren't looking, LOL) asked me if Kyson would like to take a ride on the horse with his Dad. Of course Shad about died because he hadn't been on a horse since he was really little (I'm sure he also didn't want to be judged by the "professional" horse riders). Shad turned to me and whispered...I don't even think I know how to get on a horse. But Shad was a great sport and hopped on Jack's best horse "Joe" and they were off!!
Click on the picture and take a look at Kyson's little belly!! I think he is trying to make Mommy feel better about her prego belly. LOL!


The first picture below is my fAVoRiTe. How cute is Jack leading Shad and Kyson for their little ride. He was so nice and patient! Joe was such a great horse too!! The second picture is where the riders can warm up their horses before they compete.


As you can tell we had a GREAT time!! I know Jack will never read this post but we were really grateful to him for taking time out of getting his horses ready to haze for Olin and Jake to take Kyson on his first horse ride. We really appreciated it!!
XOXO Melanie

3 comments:

Cory and Lindsey said...

That pic of Kyson is really funny of his cute little belly.

I can't wait for Next MONDAY:)

Linds

Gonzales Family said...

He is so adorable!!! Abby has a little pop-belly too so It helps me feel like I am not alone:0)

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

I feel bad we never get to see each other. We need to get together again soon. Kyson is getting so big. How cute are those pics of him on the horse. Let us know what you are having. I am so excited.