Saturday, August 4, 2012

March 2012


March 1, 2012 - Bestest Friend

I flew up to SLC to be with my sister Natalie while she had her baby. Flights were much cheaper in the early morning and Natalie couldn't come get me until after school. So that meant I got to spend an entire day with one of my best friends growing up. We went shopping, ate way too much food and even got to enjoy a movie without any kids. My husband stayed home in LV with my two boys and her husband watched her little girl after a long day of school. We sent this picture to our hubby's to thank them for being so awesome. I'm sure Shad thought I was dead sexy! LOL! Thanks for such a great time Britni Ruth!

March 5, 2012 - Cheznie Hannum

It was a rough day and night for my sister Natalie but beautiful Cheznie was born healthy and happy in the early morning on March 5th. It was so fun to be there during her birth. 


While away on this trip the following pictures were some of the few I received from Shad back home in Vegas.

We miss you Mommy! I couldn't stop laughing at Brox's face!

My kids have adopted a cute couple in our ward as their substitute Grandparents here in Vegas since Shad and my parents "live so far away".  Brother and Sister Van Buskirk brought them these ice cream bars from Dairy Queen one night while I was gone. Seriously they are so awesome to my kids!

Shad also decided to do this to their hair while I was gone. This would be the down side of your husband knowing how to cut hair. Despite Brox's face in this picture they LOVED their mohawks. When I got home and picked them up I went to touch their hair and Broxy said "No Mommy don't touch my mohawk. You mess it up!"

Yup - total ghetto style mohawk all the way down the back of their heads! Lovely!!

March 17, 2012 - Softball and Haircut

This was the only picture I got of Shad but he played in another great tournament with his law enforcement softball team. Although I was in the wind most of the day I had just gotten a new haircut... surprising how just cutting your bangs makes you look so different.

Preschool project by Kyson 

March 21, 2012 - Random Pictures

Shad will sometimes send me pics while I'm away from work. When I get cute ones like these it so hard not to jump in the car and come play with my boys.

Catching some "Vitamin D" ...Grandpa Whipple taught them about laying out in the sun. If they get skin cancer it's your fault Dad!

March 29 - April 1, 2012 - Sand Hollow

This was a big couple of days for Shad & I and our little family. It was our first camping trip we did all by ourselves. We finally got the last few items we felt we needed to camp by ourselves for Christmas and we were so excited to finally go. It was such a success! The kids played in the water the entire time. It was way too cold for Shad & I but the kids didn't care.



We had some of our friends come to the lake for dinner. Dutch oven BBQ chicken and potatoes! It was yummy!! 

Uncle Cole and Elsie.

Shad, Kyson, Ranger Wilson and Uncle Cole.





I failed to mention that my parents and family did end up coming for the end of the camping trip but we really did camp on our own for a couple of days. 

Broxy riding the motorcycle with Grandpa Whipple.



Calling all single ladies... this is my cute single brother!!

We don't own life jackets so when Kyson wanted to go in the kayak with Grandpa we had to make do with what we had...

I don't think it was such a great idea. Can you see Kyson's head sticking out of the arm hole? LOL!

Hunting for Easter candy and the money egg!




XOXO Melanie

1 comment:

Matt and Stephanie said...

That was such a fun camping trip!