Friday, August 3, 2012

January 2012

I took a total of TWO pictures during the month of January!! Yup, that should tell you how well I was functioning that month. LOL! 

Jan 6, 2012

And the two pictures included this gem... (ALERT: The story to follow is not for the weak stomach, proceed at your own risk!) 

As mentioned in previous post this was at the prime of my morning sickness. I have been sick with the past pregnancies but this was the first pregnancy I had to get on medication for the sickness and at this point I hadn't gotten the script yet and even with the script I was still throwing up... lovely.

The story begins.. Shad decided that since we don't have Obi (our bull mastiff) anymore he needed to switch our dog food from a large breed to a small breed. Shad has had dogs his whole life so surely he knows that you slowly have to transition your dog to the new type of dog food right? Why yes he did but apparently he didn't think about it when the switch was made (so he says now). So I wake up one morning to Kyson telling me that I needed to look at something that Bo (our cocker spaniel) had done that was really bad. I proceed to open my bedroom door and it hits me... the smell sent me straight back to the bathroom to throw up. Again I was literally not functioning this month. So I then bring myself to look over my balcony and the tears started flowing because I saw the sight... Bo's poop EVERYWHERE! The picture doesn't do it justice because it was also all over on the other side of the room by the sliding door to our backyard.  Poor Bo - I'm sure he was waiting by the door trying to get out. He really is the best dog ever and is very well trained. I'm sure he was just as traumatized as I was. Kyson then grabs my hand and says "It's ok Mommy you can be a big girl and clean it up." It was comforting he thought I could be a BIG girl but I KNEW I couldn't. I wanted to be a baby!! For the record I did try to start cleaning it up but it was so runny, smelly and disgusting and my morning sickness would not let me continue. I could have cleaned it up if I wasn't pregnant (I will keep telling myself that - thanks). So I called Shad (who was at work) and between my sobbing and gagging got out that he needed to come home IMMEDIATELY to clean up Bo's diarrhea he created. He started LAUGHING. (If you are laughing too I will literally come through this computer and strangle you. -jk-) THEN my ANGELS walked through the door (a.k.a. my sister and her husband - McKenzie & Dustin). They had no idea this was going on but just happened to stop by... poor souls!! Kenzie sent me to my room as I rambled "Please don't clean up the poop Shad will do it when he gets home" and I fell asleep from the emotional strain of the whole ordeal. Fast forward probably two hours and I woke up to the floor spotless clean and my boys with slurpee's in hand. Note: Kenzie & Dustin have never wanted pets so for them to clean up a floor full of runny poop was going far above and beyond the call of family duty. Needless to say I owe Kenzie & Dustin Cafe Rio for the rest of their lives... or something as equally important. I would not have survived without Kenzie through the first months of my pregnancy - she practically took care of my kids for me. Thanks again you two!!

P.S. How funny is it that Kenzie took that picture of Kyson smiling at the disgusting poop like he just found a treasure. BOYS!


Jan 26, 2012 - Riding Bikes

One day I got enough strength to take my boys outside to let them ride their bikes. They were troopers through my five months of sickness. However, I'm sure Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Looney Tunes and Star Wars was a better companion than I was those months. Don't judge. Even now when I say I don't feel good they say "oh are you going to throw up?" When anyone else throws up they ask if they have a baby in their belly. Sad.

Love you Kyson & Brox!!

XOXO Melanie

1 comment:

Cory and Lindsey said...

Your dog poop story is so funny!!! I'm so sorry that you been so sick with this pregnancy. I love all your post. :)