Monday, August 20, 2012

June 2012


June 4-8, 2012 - Swimming Lessons

My awesome friend had a swimming instructor come to her house for a week of swimming lessons and let my kids come crash the party. Kyson taught himself how to swim the first of the summer but she really helped with his form and how to do other strokes. 

This was right after his teacher said not to jump in... he listens just as well as home.



Mrs. Amber and Kyson's class.


Brox on the other hand was not happy about swimming lessons. He loves the water but did not like being in the water without his arm floaties. He also has a hard time getting use to new people. Luckily Mrs. Amber was so awesome by the end of the week he was doing lots better.




June 15-16, 2012 - Ladies Weekend

My sisters met up in St. George and we shopped, had lots of yummy food, went to Tuacahn and played at a hotel for the weekend. We had such a great time! We got to see Aladdin. Anything you see at Tuacahn is awesome but we did feel like it was a little long. I was pretty miserable in the heat with being almost 8 months preggers but I survived on slushies and cold water. 

For some reason these are the only two pics I got of the adventure. 


I also got this picture sent to me while we were sleeping at the hotel. Shad took the boys up to Cedar City to spend time with his parents and they decided to sleep outside. The boys thought they were pretty funny pretending like they were asleep...or dead. I can't tell. LOL!


June 21-24, 2012 - Lake Powell

Shad & I were invited (or we invited ourselves but who's keeping track) to Lake Powell with some of his long-time friends. We had such a great time and couldn't have asked for better company. Thanks Uncle Cole for letting us crash the Ashdown family reunion. LOL!


One of our friends caught these two pictures...love you babe!


Shad & I inherited his parents jet ski this summer that they have had since Shad was young. We had a blast testing it out that weekend. It still runs like a champ!!



Elsie and Brox ...these cuties had this same picture taken two years ago at Lake Powell (see here). It's crazy how fast the little kiddos grow up!

This was a blast...three tubes pulled behind the boat at the same time...endless possibilities.

Shad doing a back flip off the cliff.

When Kyson was asked to give the prayers at meal time he always prayed that he would be able to jump off cliffs that day. LOL! The last day Cole answered his prayers and took him to a great batch of cliffs.

 Then he jumped off a higher cliff...


And then Shad jumped off the highest cliff of all... yes my husband is crazy!!

Kyson also was talked into wake surfing again... see link above for pics of his first experience doing this two years ago. He was a little more apprehensive this time but he did awesome!

You can't beat these pics!! I LOVE LAKE POWELL!!! 

Thanks again Cole! Can't wait to be "invited" again!!

June 28-30, 2012 - Laurel Trip

I decided to take my Laurel's back to my home town for this year's Laurel Trip. Most of the girls had never seen the pageant so I thought it would be fun to go watch it and show them around Sanpete County. We had such a great time!!

Leaving the church Thursday morning!

On the way up we stopped in St. George to do baptisms for the dead. It was such a great experience!

Thursday night I took them to Roy's Pizza...best cheese sticks on earth!!


One of my awesome Advisors agreed to come on the trip to help chaperone. We also talked both our spouses into coming as well. They were such troopers!

My parent's let us crash in their backyard both nights. We were spoiled with awesome weather!! I love sleeping outside in Utah.

Friday morning we enjoyed the water activities at Snow Follies. I had never done this myself growing up so I wasn't sure what to expect but we had such a great time! The girls said it was one of their favorite parts of the entire trip!!



I think Shad about killed these two girls on this game...LOL!






Yup in all my preggers glory!







One of the best parts was the huge water fight that happens at the end of the water activities. All the girls wanted to get Shad because he had been soaking them all day.

Most of the girls were not very successful...LOL!

This picture is priceless... Shad couldn't help himself.

On a side note the girls on their own came up with a theme for each day on the trip so they could match their clothes accordingly. For Friday that had stayed up late the night before the trip and tie dye all of these shirts. They also made the matching head bands. They were so awesome!! The girls didn't want to leave me out so they even bought a white maternity shirt and tie dye it for me and surprised me that day with it. My girls ROCK!

We headed to the Mormon Miracle Pageant Friday night. After we secured our spot on the temple grounds we had to try out the famous Sanpete Turkey Dinner!! YUMMY!

At the pageant in our awesome attire...LOL! 


Last picture on our trip! Gotta love the 14 passenger van and awesome trailer behind us... we spare no expense on the transportation. I had so much fun with these girls this weekend. I couldn't ask for a better group of girls to serve. Thanks for making this trip so memorable. Love you all to pieces!!

XOXO Melanie

1 comment:

Matt and Stephanie said...

The month of June was so busy for you. It sounds like you had fun though!