Friday, January 28, 2011

Annual Baugh Christmas Party

We started the drive from Cedar City to Ephraim on Saturday, December 18th, morning and the weather was holding out for us. We get to Gunnison and we always take the "short-cut" which cuts about 15 to 20 minutes off our drive. We start to make the turn and I told Shad we shouldn't turn off because the back roads weren't plowed. He said we would be fine... yes this is one of those stories that turns out the WIFE was RIGHT and HUSBAND well should have listened to the wife!! LOL! We slid straight off the rode and into these lovely bushes...
Luckily this Dad and his teenage son (under our vehicle) drove buy and pulled us out. We pretended that we were naive drivers from Vegas that didn't know how to drive safely in the snow... however, both of us have had plenty of experience driving in snow. The knowledge apparently leaves so quickly. LOL! No one was injured and our van didn't even have a scratch on it. This is just another example of why being from a small town is so awesome!! We slid off the rode and were back in business within 20 minutes. So many stopped and asked to help, it was awesome!! P.S. You'll be seeing this charitable Dad later on in another post... so funny so stay tuned (to the 3 individuals that read my blog).


Once we finally arrived in Ephraim, my wonderful cousin took family pictures for us!! Thanks again Katy!

Finally... the Baugh Christmas Party has begun!!

Kyson loving the ping pong table!

Seriously my Mom is too cute!!

Great Grandma Baugh and Brox having a nice chat during lunch.

The annual pinata... Kyson loves this part!!

The most anticipated part of the Baugh Christmas party is the drawing of Grandma Baugh's homemade braided rug. Last year she had only GrandBOYS in the hat for the drawing so this year it was just GrandGIRLS... and I'm sure you can't tell by the picture below who one!?!?

That's right, I won the coveted hand braided rug!! I think I might have given my cousin's baby "shaking baby syndrome" because I was sooo excited! My Grandma is in her 90s and she apparently said later that this was her last rug she was going to make because she is having trouble seeing and her fingers can't work the needles anymore. I can't believe I might have gotten her very last rug she will ever make. It truly is AMAZING!! I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!

My kisses always look so lame on pictures...LOL!

Bask in the beautifulness... my Grandma named this rug "Color Me Purple".

The End.
XOXO Melanie

7 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

I think Men should learn just to trust their Wife! Seriously! Your family picture is really cute!Handsome little boys!
xoxo Lindz

Tasha Alycia said...

Actually you need to call me! i lost my freakin phone at toys-r-us and now i don't have anybody's #'s....

xoxo

Matt and Stephanie said...

I didn't know she said this was going to be her last rug!!! Man I will never have a Grandma Baugh rug!!!

Cory and Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting about the rug. I know how much you love her rugs. :)

By the way your family photo..is so CUTE! I need to get ours done

Miss and love ya!

Ps. I'm glad you didn't die on you way their. LOL

Katie McCaul said...

LOL lol!
your christmas party looks fun...your mom is so cute! she looks the same as she always has.

Kenzie said...

Congrats on the rug! I LOVE it! I love braided rugs so so much! And your family pic is darling. You're boys look like twins except one is much taller than the other. Luv ya!

KatieElizabeth said...

I HATE you for winning that rug. Some cousins have all the luck. I missed seeing you at Christmas this year.