Friday, May 7, 2010

Perfect Moments


Last night while I was bathing the kids I told Ky to close his eyes shut like Mommy (I was squeezing them shut real tight) and he followed exactly what I did. I told him that this is how we shut our eyes when we are saying prayers (Side note-Ky has never once shut his eyes during the prayer, he'll fold his arms, but will not shut his eyes - no matter how many times we have told him).


That brings us to this morning...Ky woke up later than normal at a reasonable hour of 8 a.m. and came into my room (yes I was still in bed-don't judge). Conversation followed...


Ky - "Mommy get dressed. I want to eat."

Mom - "What do you want to eat?"

Ky - "Bacon, eggs and toast!" (Which is adorable to me because that is what I have been making him every Friday morning for the past few weeks...so he actually remembers.)

I was just loving my Friday morning already! Ky helped me crack the eggs, make the bacon, and butter the toast. I brought his plate to the table and told him to go and sit in his chair. I go back to the kitchen to get my plate and come back and sit down next to Ky. He is sitting there with his arms folded and his eyes squeezed shut! Not one bite gone from his most favorite breakfast!!
All those times of frustration trying to teach your 2 year old something...flew out of the window at that moment. He proceeded to copy Mommy on a great prayer and we had a great breakfast, just the two of us.

These moments are why being a Mother is so special!!


Love you Ky!!


XOXO Melanie

5 comments:

Kenzie said...

Mel that is so sweet! You are such a great mommy! Your boys are going to grow up to be great because of their mommy.

Natalie Kay said...

Melanie! I just re-found your blog. I haven't read your blog since Kyson was first born. I had no idea you had two little ones. Congrats! Hope all is well.

Love ya,
Natalie

Meggan Butterfield said...

That is awesome,kids are just too smart! Deja is learning to fold her arms and it tickles me to death. It definitely goes to show that as moms being an example is everything!

Life's a Rodeo said...

Ky is such a cute boy!!!

hendricks14 said...

Kids are the best! They are listening even though they make it seem like they are not. Keep up the great work! You are a great mom with dang cute boys!