Thursday, July 26, 2012

October 2011 Activities


Oct 1, 2011 - Weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Whipple's

We always spend conference weekend at my parents to make our family calendar for next year and of course to do all the fun things Ephraim has to offer!

Like shooting in the mountains...

Kyson wouldn't leave his Uncle Matt alone. He wanted to shoot all of his guns multiple times. Good thing Matt was so patient with him! Thanks Matt!!





I love this picture!




Shad wanted me to shoot this gun because it is the one he bought to use to protect our house... he should have let me shoot it before he bought it because the kick was so strong I almost dropped the gun.

Does this picture surprise anyone?


Our gun gave Kenzie problems too... which made me feel a lot better cause she has always been stronger than me!

Some of Kyson's preschool projects!



Oct 19, 2011 - Laurel Halloween Party!

My Laurel's came to my house for a Halloween party!! We had a great time...




Some Mia Maids joined the party too!




Sarah was busy face "drawing" or painting on everyone. She is awesome!! (Hence my face...LOL!)





Awesome Advisors!!

Oct 20, 2011 - Preschool Field Trip!

Kyson had a really fun field trip planned to Gilcrease Orchard. I had never been before (and it's only a block away from my house). I was very excited they planned it on a day I didn't have to work. YEAH!!

Kyson's best friend in the whole world! Kyson & Jake are best buddies!!




Look what I found!

Me too!

Mrs. Sarah with her class.

Tractor Ride!!

They make homemade doughnuts there with this apple frosting stuff on top... seriously it was like heaven in my mouth!!! Don't forget to buy some of those if you visit this place.

Oct 22, 2011 - Girls Night Out

Every year one of my good friends comes down from St. George and we have girls day/night out on the town. She does it for her birthday and it has become one of my favorite traditions! This year we went shopping, ate out at the Venetian and went to the Blue Man Group. We had a blast!! Thanks for such a great time Ashlee and Danielle!!


Oct 27, 2011 - Carving Pumpkins

This almost didn't happen this year but we are so excited we did it! The kids had so much fun!! I said give me a thumbs up. Brox was pretty close... only one finger away from this thumb. LOL!






Final products... this is Shad's creation (although it was my idea to use the pumpkin potato head). Great carving Babe!!

I cheated and used a template... but it turned out great!


Oct 29, 2011 - Ward Halloween Party

Shad was working that night so I went solo. Brox was Uncle Olin.. or a Professional Steer Wrestler (BIG NEWS.. OLIN MADE IT TO THE NFR THIS YEAR!!).

Remember the commercial with little Darth Vader? Kyson doesn't forget a thing!

Close up on Brox's black eye...courtesy of a great makeup job by yours truly!

Oct 31, 2011 - Halloween Night

Kyson wanted to be Batman for Trick-Or-Treating. Thanks Jen for letting us borrow the mask and cape!



XOXO Melanie