Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'VE BEEN JIMMERED!!!

I don't think I have ever had so much fun attending sporting events than I did the second week in March. My parents and Shad & I decided to buy tickets for the entire week of the Mountain West Conference. Although BYU ended up losing in the championship game, we were not disappointed with the awesome basketball games we saw throughout the week. We watched Jimmer score his record 52 points against New Mexico and finally got their first win against the Lobo's. Seriously that is a game we will NEVER forgot!! It was AWESOME!!!! My Grandpa Whipple and Uncle Belmont played basketball at BYU, both my parents graduated from BYU, my Uncle Steven teaches there, and my Grandma Whipple has season tickets to all football and basketball games.... so there is definitely COUGAR BLUE running through our family's veins. P.S. If don't already know the Cougars have made it to the Sweat 16 in the NCAA tournament so don't miss there game tonight when they play Florida Gators. GO COUGARS!!
We attempted to take the boys a girl's basketball game... Shad & I left about 15 minutes after arriving.

My Mom's sister and her husband - Uncle Leland and Aunt Beverly - love all four of these individuals!!

My Dad wouldn't put his Kindle down in between games... we had great chats by ourselves.

We had awesome weather that whole week in Vegas... we made a trip to the park with Grandma and Grandpa.

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming down. We had such a great time!
XOXO Melanie

2 comments:

Cory and Lindsey said...

your hair is so LONG!!!! I miss you!

Tasha Alycia said...

wait... "thou shalt not worship false idols"... do you think that includes Jimmer?!?

p.s. we need to schedule a play date.