Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Evan Gets His Mission Call!!!

I can't believe my little brother Evan is old enough to go on a mission! Our family of course had to have a competition of where he would be called. So we all submitted one foreign guess and one stateside guess to my Mom. The Prize ... whoever got the closest my Mom was going to give an Olive Garden gift card to the lucky winner. I got the call this morning that Evan had received his letter...my family were all conference in on three different cell phones and.... Evan Brian Whipple is going to .... FIJI!!!! Can you believe it? What an awesome place to be called on a mission. I know Evan is going to be the best missionary Fiji has ever seen. He has been such a great example to our family of hard work, compassion, and patience ...all qualities of a great missionary. I am so proud of you Evan. Shad & I will start saving our pennies for the next two years so we can come and pick you up!!





P.S. The tentative winner is Dustin (Kenzie's boyfriend).

XOXO Melanie - A Proud Sister

8 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

Awesome!!! I can't believe he's missionary age either.

You should post this on the Baugh Blog.

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

We are all so excited for him too. We are all saving up to go pick him up too. :) Wish we could....maybe Jeremy will go to the tropics and we can pick him up. We are all waiting for his call too.
Kyson is darling. And tell Shad the haircuts are still a hit.

Gonzales Family said...

oh my heck I can't believe little Evan is old enought to go on a mission. Well, I guess BRooke is in collage too! It is times like this that I fill like an old maid!!! xoxo Lindz

Anonymous said...

That's so cool.

Katie McCaul said...

WOW we are old!!! That is exciting. Fiji sounds like a good place to serve.

Tasha Alycia said...

Yay! So exciting- and I'm so glad you put a map up! I told Nat I would have to Google it to know exactly where it was. lol Call me!

Kathy Anderson said...

We are so excited for Evan. FiJi...Wow. My neighbors have vacationed there and they loved it. It has a interesting history. I know Evan will be a great missionary. We should have Jeremy's call by tomorrow evening. I have been preparing him for a call to Wyoming, Texas or Idaho.. Mel we have some cute pics of Kyson at Jill's wedding. See you Feb. 28th. Aunt Kathy

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

Fiji? Who goes to Fiji? How exciting and how incredibly old does that make me feel? REALLY REALLY OLD!!! How fun. But seriously, he can't be that old can he? Little Evan? Who I remember used to say "I shot a duck?" I won't say what that meant as not to embarass him! But do you remember that? Wow, that was a long time ago!