Friday, September 2, 2011

Lake Powell

For his first family vacation after returning home from his mission. Evan decided he wanted to spend a week in Lake Powell. Besides the fact that I was sick with a soar throat, sinus infection, eye infection... yes you name it I had it.... the vacation was a blast!!



Shad loves to slalom. The old man still has some skills. LOL!If I wasn't creating a shadow this picture would have blinded you. Two years without seeing sun is frightening. LOL!!!!
Brox was scared of the boat most until the last day. This is what Mommy did most of the time. But how can you complain when you get to cuddle with your handsome little boy!!
Evan trying his hand at knee boarding.
Natalie wake boarding.
My favorite part was one night my Dad and the boys decided to follow boils (many fish swim on the surface and the water looks like it is boiling) of fish. I got to drive the boat to try to catch up to each boil that popped up. We were catching fish left and right. It was a blast!
The girls got into the action too! And by action I mean I was driving the boat and Natalie was cutting the little fish in half that they used for bait as fast as she could. I think Shad broke about 10 lines that night.

Can you see how the beginning of the pictures it was light and by the last one with Shad it is almost dark. We were having so much fun we didn't want to leave... we almost couldn't see to get back to our camp site.

Before Shad had married me he had only gone fishing ONCE in his life when he was around 7 years old. My family had taken him out fishing (which I tied his poles for him) but he still had never caught a fish.



That changed on this trip!!
My Dad this summer got scuba certified so he decided to rent some tanks and take some of the boys out scuba diving. Shad said he will never go cold water scuba diving again.... but still had fun.
Thanks Mom and Dad for showing us such a great time!!


XOXO Melanie

No comments: