Friday, August 5, 2011

St. Louis

My sister Stephanie has lived out in St. Louis for the past few years while her husband Matt went to physical therapy school. We (Mom, Dad, Natalie, Me & Kyson) decided to make the 23 HOUR drive to see where they have lived and support Matt at his graduation. We had a blast!!



My trip started with Ky & I driving up to Ephraim. I couldn't help but throwing these two pics in.... memories with Grandpa.



We decided to stop and see Liberty Jail on the way there. It was amazing!
I had my 8 year Anniversary while out there. The very first one we have spent apart. While at Stephanie's house that day a knock came to the door and I got these beauties!! Love you babe! We went to a Cardinals game while there. It is one of the most beautiful stadiums I've been in.


We saw the St. Louis Riverfront.





The Gateway Arch was spectacular!!


The Expansion to the West displays were great. They briefly mentioned the Mormons. I felt like they deserved more recognition but who am I to say.


We went to the St. Louis Zoo. It is by far the best zoo I have ever been to and it was FREE!!







We walked through all the shops at Old St. Charles. The buildings were awesome!! The streets were brick instead of asphalt. It was really neat.



We decided to get pedicures...and talked my Dad into his first pedi. He wasn't that thrilled afterwards because they didn't massage his calfs enough. :)
Kyson's favorite stop was a tie between the Zoo and this place...."The Magic House". It was FANTASTIC!!






These chairs played different styles of music when you sat on them.

Um, yes the adults had fun too!
This made a big bubble.

Fishing in the pond.

This was Kyson's favorite...his very own pizza restaurant. He cooked, served, and managed the restaurant very well!
Dr. Rollo!!
Nice.
Mr. President!Matt's Graduation.




































"Harry Potter" graduation gowns. Congrats Matt!!
Thanks Matt & Stephanie for showing us the city. We had a great time! Thanks Mom & Dad for putting up with us on such a long drive there and back. FYI - Books on CD are the BEST for long distance driving!!








XOXO Melanie




(P.S. Don't mind the spaces....I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it!!!!)

4 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

looks like you guys had a blast! I loves the little kids museum! I want to go! NAtalie looks so cute with dark hair, I almost didn't recognize her. miss ya xoxo Lindz

Missy said...

what a fun trip! I love the pic of you, Steph, and Nat at the cardinals game, so cute!

Perschon Family said...

wow! you've been busy having tons of fun! i love that you and your sisters all do so much together!!!

hendricks14 said...

I still cannot believe you made that long drive! What fun memories though! Good luck tomorrow!!!