Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa Whipple

Our family anticipated the arrival of Grandma & Grandpa Whipple for over a month! Let's just say they didn't disappoint. We had so much fun while they were here for a few days. My Dad got 140 miles of bike riding in just a 3 day span. My Mom watched my kids on Thursday and had so much fun just playing. Temperatures got up to 79 degrees while they were here, which is a great break from the 3 feet of snow in my parents front yard. My mom taught me how to make her famous cinnamon rolls...yummy! We also drove to the Logandale Trail System and picked out spots for camping over Easter weekend. I can' wait!! The only thing I didn't get to do is play card games, you can't play too many games with just two people (my Dad doesn't play and Shad was working). Here are some pictures from our wonderful weekend.
Grandpa and his "sexy" bike riding outfit!


Grandma and Broxy time.




Logandale has this street sign... and how awesome are those redrocks!!



Brox getting ready for my ward's 5K walk/run. Yes, my parents and I pushed 2 strollers and came in dead last... but at least I was able to shed some calories to prepare for the 8 yummy cinnamon rolls I ate later that day.



Thanks for coming to visit us Grandma & Grandpa! Please come back soon!!
XOXO Melanie, Kyson & Brox
P.S. Shad had to work the whole time they were here but he did get to enjoy all of the yummy food my Mom made. LOL!

4 comments:

Life's a Rodeo said...

Got to love dad's outfits!!! Im so sad that I could not come:(

Katie McCaul said...

How fun! grandparents are the best:) your fam is so cute

Moto Alders said...

Oh how fun! Good job on completing the 5K! If you come up for Memorial you should do the Scandinavian??? one!!!

Gonzales Family said...

that is so fun! It is great when teh grandparents come to visit. It gives you some adult time and also a break from the kids if you ened it!