Thursday, February 11, 2010

IS THIS WEEK OVER YET!

I'll spare everyone the details about this week but this is what topped it off...and it was only Wednesday night!! Last night Kyson was running around happy for us to be home. We got him to stop to say the dinner prayer (at 8:00 p.m. - yes please don't judge that I feed my kids dinner at 8 when they should already be in bed) and he went back to running into the family room...trips...comes running back into the kitchen crying. Dad - "We told you to stop running" Mom - "There is blood coming out of his mouth....it's everywhere" Kyson - "I sorry". Once we got the bleeding stopped this is what we found...



Can you see the flap of skin? Seriously...I apologize if I just made someone sick to their stomach because when I saw it I about died. We end up calling my Mom who ends up calling a family friend who is a dentist who ends up telling us it could be stitched. So we call the ER at the hospital close to us and they told us to come in. Two different nurses look at him and tell Shad it is definitely going to need stitches. Then the doctor comes in to do the stitches and he says that because the mouth heals so quick, he would prefer not to stitch because it is a traumatic experience for little children...they would have had to strap him down to a board. What! So Ky and Shad get home after 10 p.m. with no stitches and still a flap of skin. This morning he tells me he has an owie and won't stop playing with the flap...how is it suppose to heal if a 2 year old won't leave it alone??


I know this is only the beginning of owies and possible stitches for us.... two boys - two years apart... you do the math.


P.S. Did you see those adorable eyes!!! Man he is the cutest little two year old I've ever seen!

XOXO Melanie

3 comments:

The Peterson Clan... said...

Poor baby!! He is so cute! I hope he gets feeling better soon... but you said it... two boys... two years apart! Your in for it!! ;) Hope your week ends really really really soon!!

ThE KaRl CoX FaMiLy said...

Two years is when it started for us!! I can't even count the times we have been in the E.R. Good Luck!!!

Gonzales Family said...

Gross! I am with you Mel, I think I would be a little Queezy if this happened at my house. usually it is the husband that has to be taken to the ER. Maybe with girls I will luck out and only have a little hair pulling! Yes, I will teach you how to make hair bows!
xoxo Lindz