Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baptized


Our family was invited to a beautiful little girl's baptism tonight. Shad & I taught her in primary when she was 5 years old. She is such a sweet girl and it was a great night for her. This was Ky's first experience seeing a baptism. I wasn't sure how he would react to the whole night but for the most part he did great. Until it was time to leave....

Ky came up to me and said, "Mommy I wanna be baptized!"

(Teaching moment - right?)

Mommy - "When you turn 8 years old you can be baptized too. You are only 2 years old (and I proceeded to count on his fingers) and when you are 6 six years older you can be baptized - OK."

Ky - "No I be baptized now!"

And then the tears and whining started to flow...

Ky - "I be baptized, I be baptized, I be baptized!!"

All the way out of the church, through the parking lot, and continued until home. We thought it was because he loves the water so much, so Shad said that we were going to get in the "bubbles" (bath time) and he said no I don't want bubbles I want to be baptized.

This was definitely a night both Shad & I could put up with his crying and whining... what a cutie!!


XOXO Melanie

4 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

That is seriously so sweet!!

Justice's Livin' Large said...

Ky is awesome!

Eric and Shayly said...

so cute!! I love your cute stories that your kids do. I would love to be living in that house with that fam:)

Bryan said...

Hi Melanie! Bryan & I were thinking of you the other day. Your boys are so darling. I hope all is going well for your family! We just love you guys. If you ever see the Peace's tell them HELLO from the Smiths. XO- Mary Jane